DTU – We’re in this together!
April 8, 2020
Wellness Phone Calls
There were some concerns last week when classroom teachers were instructed to make weekly wellness calls to the parents of their students. This message is to help clarify the expectations for the parent wellness phone calls:
- Non-instructional staff should be utilized to make the phone calls. This includes Guidance Counselors, Coaches, Paraprofessionals, Admin, Monitors, etc.
- The calls will be made to each family at least once a week as a wellness check and to see if there is anything families need help with.
- The Non-Instructional staff were provided step by step directions on how to make the calls. They were given a script to use, frequently asked questions, directions to establish a Google voice account and how paraprofessionals could get a laptop. If any non-instructional staff, has any additional questions or issues, please contact your administrator for support.
Teacher Verification Sheets
Teachers received the information to provide a guide to the process of the verification of grades and how to make grade changes if needed on April 7, 2020. The information was sent through the district post office mailing system. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your administrator for guidance.
New plan for third quarter:
- End quarter 3 on April 8, 2020
- Focus posting quarter 3 grades open March 27, 2020 closes April 8, 2020 at 11:59 pm
- Teachers Audit (Review) grades April 9-13, 2020
- Report Cards
- Elementary April 14th
- Secondary April 15th
Any requested parent conferences will be held virtually or via telephone.