August 23, 2022
The Teacher Unit Collective Bargaining Tentative Agreement was ratified by Teacher Unit members on August 21, 2022. Votes were tallied at 6:00 p.m. at the DTU office. 96% of the votes cast were in favor of ratification of the Agreement. 4% of the votes cast were not in favor of ratification. The Agreement was ratified.
Steps to Salary Agreement Implementation:
- The ratified Agreement will now move to the Duval County School Board for approval at the September Board meeting.
- Next the District must submit the approved salary distribution plan to the Department of Education by October 1, 2022.
- The District must wait for approval or disapproval from the Department of Education and then proceed accordingly.
- If approved, the salary agreement will be tested on SAP.
- The salary agreement will be retroactive back to the start of the employee work year (10, 11, or 12 month). Adjustments for summer school and special assignments usually appear on a separate regular paycheck after the initial adjustment.
- Once the date to appear on Teacher Unit member paychecks is scheduled, DTU will notify you.