DCPS District Calendar Changes- Click HERE for the latest School Board approved calendar.
DTU and DCPS continue to monitor and negotiate changes on working conditions due to the impact of Covid-19 on daily district operations. The State has not approved waivers to date from districts
regarding the make-up of student instructional time.
These are the changes previously made by DCPS to meet the instructional minutes required by the Florida Department of Education:
• Spring Break was extended March 16-19.
• Teacher Planning Day moved from March 27 to March 20.
• March 27 changed to a regular school day.
• Early Dismissal on March 25 changed to a regular school day.
• Early dismissal on April 29, 2020 is maintained.
• The last day of Quarter 3 moved from March 24 to April 8.
Upon review of the remaining instructional minutes after the extended Spring Break, it has been determined that an additional 1800 instructional minutes are needed to meet FDOE requirements in the event waivers for instructional minutes are not granted. There is still a chance that waivers can be granted. If not granted, the following will be enforced.
• The remaining 3 weather days in June will be used as instructional days and can
make up 1,080 instructional minutes pushing post planning for teachers to June 4th
• The remaining 720 minutes needed will be captured through the calendar changes
and Duval Homeroom providing 10 additional instructional minutes per day.