Steps, Supplements, and Florida Classroom Supply Assistance Money
August 16, 2019
DTU negotiated step increases and $500 on Step 95 for the UOPD Unit for the 2017-2020 school years as follows. The raise will be spread across the paychecks.
- Increases for eligible 12 Month UOPD Unit employees were initiated on the August 2, 2019 paycheck.
- Increases for eligible 10 month UOPD Unit employees were initiated on the August 16, 2019 paycheck.
DTU negotiated step increases and $500 on Step 95 for the Paraprofessional Unit for the 2017-2020 school years. The raise will be spread across the paychecks.
- Increases for 10 month Paraprofessional Unit employees were initiated on the August 16, 2019 paycheck.
The Teacher Unit increases were previously negotiated for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 school years. Further negotiations were needed for the 2019-2020 school year because of the cost of the Performance Pay Salary Schedule. The School Board approved the Teacher settlement on August 6, 2019 after ratification by the Teacher Unit of the negotiated settlement.
- Eligible Grandfather Schedule teachers will receive step where possible and supplements on step 95 as follows:
- Eligible teachers moving from Step 27 to Step 95 (sitting on Step 95 for the 1st time) will receive the step amount only.
- Eligible teachers sitting on Step 95 for the 2nd year will receive a $500 supplement.
- Eligible teachers sitting on Step 95 for the 3rd year will receive $1000.
- Eligible teachers on Step 95 for 4 or more years will receive $1500.
- Steps and supplements at step 95 will be initiated on the August 30th paycheck and spread across paychecks.
- Supplements are off the salary schedule, but count as increases in pay for retirement purposes. They are taxed at the regular individual rate.
- Teachers with an overall “Unsatisfactory” final evaluations will not receive an increase.
- Performance Pay Teachers:
- Performance Pay Schedule teachers have maintained their increases for Highly Effective ($2001) and Effective ($1000.50) based on their final evaluation ratings.
- Eligible Performance Pay teachers will receive their increases once the 3-year growth scores for individual teachers are received from the state and the overall evaluation process is completed. DTU will notify you when that occurs.
- Monetary awards will be spread across paychecks once initiated.
- Teachers with “Needs Improvement” and “Unsatisfactory” overall final evaluations will receive no monetary increases.
Activity and Hard to Staff Supplements:
Supplements are traditionally scheduled for pay across paychecks after the budget period and employee placements are completed. Principals will then notify Human Resources as to which employee will receive which supplement. Some Hard to Staff Supplements are paid after each semester. DTU will notify you of special supplement pay dates as they become available.
Florida Classroom Assistance Supply Money:
Funding from this supplement comes from the State. The amount for the 2019-2020 school year is $325.
Teachers must be employed by September 1, 2019. Monies must be paid out before September 27, 2019.This applies to eligible certified current classroom teachers. Money is not to be used for equipment and is to be used for instructional materials. Receipts are to be maintained.