Public education is under attack and it is imperative that everyone who cares about public education comes out to show their elected leaders the importance of respecting the profession that makes all other professions possible. The issues that we want to draw attention to are Low Pay, Value-Added Measures, Annual Contracts, Unfair Testing, increased pay for Support Personnel, and preparing for a Decade of Progress.
DTU needs teachers, paraprofessionals, office staff, and parents to join us in Tallahassee and bring the largest group from Duval County to support public education. Anyone who is interested in public education needs to attend this historic event with us!
We hope that we can count on you to attend the rally on January 13, 2020.
- Buses will leave Jacksonville (Potter’s House Church 5310 Lenox Ave) at 9:00 am sharp and return to Jacksonville between 8:00 pm and 9:00 pm.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather.
- We will be outside the entire day.
- Please pack a lunch and drink for the bus ride to Tallahassee.
- FEA will provide a meal for the return to Jacksonville.
- Please put in for a personal day as soon as possible to secure a sub if you would like to join us for this historic event.
Email your name and email address to Tammie.Brooks-Evans@Floridaea.org.