May 24, 2022
In 2020-2021, DTU negotiated, and Paraprofessionals ratified a three-year contract for 2020-2021, 2021-2022 and 2022-2023. DTU also returned to the table to negotiate an increase the beginning salary to at least $15 an hour in December of 2021. Below you will find the details for negotiated salaries. This outlines what employees have received so far and what they will receive next school year.
The details of the three-year agreement are as follows:
2020-2021 Hourly Rate Salary increase:
- In 2020-2021, Paraprofessional hourly salaries were increased to a minimum of $15.00 per hour. This was done years before the State increase requirement.
2020-2021 and 2021-2022 Step Movement:
- Paraprofessionals received step movement for both the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 school years.
2020-2021 and 2021-2022 ESSER (Elementary and Secondary Emergency Relief)
- In 2020-2021 the ESSER Bonus was received as a one-time lump sum payment.
- In 2021-2022 the ESSER Bonus was not provided as a lump sum, but rather, it was spread across the paychecks along with salary.
2022-2023 Step Movement:
- Paraprofessionals will receive step movement upon return to work in 2022-2023.
2022-2023 ESSER Bonus:
- Paraprofessionals will receive the $750 ESSER Bonus spread across employee paychecks in addition to step movement.
2022-2023 Hard to Staff Supplement:
- The Hard to Staff supplement for self-contained ESE Low incidence Paraprofessionals [CSS (Autism), Day Treatment (PRIDE), PLA (Participatory Level Assistance), Behavior Support (EBD), ESE Center Schools (Mt. Herman, Palm Avenue, Oak Hill Academy and Alden Road] will be increased from $1000 to $1500.