Strategies for Student Success: Questions Beyond Bloom
Whether or not you have been told that your questions are “low level” or “lack rigor” and tried to use Bloom’s Taxonomy to dispute the charge, this session is for you. You will briefly explore in depth two taxonomies of knowledge acquisition.
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify the purposes of questioning
- Identify the phases of teaching
- Ask purposeful, better crafted questions
- Understand it’s not the question, but the task that can be higher order
- Use research to inform your questioning practices;
- Develop questions aligned to the phases of teaching and the Common Core.
Participants will be expected to engage in reflection at the end of the session.
Total points: 10
Where: Schultz Center
Time: 9:00 am -1:00 pm
Date: Saturday, December 1, 2018
Seating is limited, so register early.
If you have questions or wish to RSVP, call 396-4063 or email email@example.com.