July 27, 2020
The U.S. Senate is going to be voting on the HEROES Act this week. We need Florida Senators Marco Rubio and Rick Scott to support this important bill. Highlights of this bill include:
- $100 billion for public K-12 education and
public colleges and universities to reopen safely.
- To defray the unexpected costs of operation schools during COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Reopening schools and colleges while keeping students and staff safe will take more, resources.
- Florida would receive $5.2 billion in
education funding if the Senate passed the HEROES Act.
- The K-12 portion of these funds would provide Florida $3.4 billion. That is enough to save or restore the positions of 22,405 teachers, 3,958 teacher aides and 15,754 other workers.
- $500 billion for state aid and $350 billion for local aid that funds the services that retain our EMTs, public safety officers, teachers and school workers, sanitation workers, homecare providers, and other frontline public service workers who are essential to fighting this pandemic and reopening our economy.
- Florida would receive $25.8 billion in direct aid to states and $18 billion in direct aid to local governments if the Senate passed the HEROES Act.
- $175 billion for the health and safety of our frontline providers and the American people. We need widespread testing, contact tracing, adequate PPE supplies, and relief for affected families.
Please contact your Senators ASAP and ask them to vote for the HEROES ACT. Call, email, tweet and encourage friends and family to do the same.
Senator Marco Rubio
Jacksonville Office: (904) 354-4300
Washington DC Office: 202-224-3041
Contact link: https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contact
Senator Rick Scott
Tallahassee Office: 850-942-8415
Washington DC Office: 202-2245274
Contact Link: https://www.rickscott.senate.gov/contact_rick